Sunday, November 1, 2009

Upcoming Reviews

“Victory favors neither the righteous nor the wicked. It favors the prepared.”

-Lay of the Land (MTG)

In an effort to keep myself organized and to provide a hint of things to come, I am posting a list of upcoming movie/book reviews that I will be doing along with some hints as to what to expect from them. Although I’m trying to get into the habit of reviewing movies as I see them, I’ve encountered an influx of them thanks to a wonderful Halloween week It was my original intention to start them today, but sadly an MLL test getting readjusted means it will have to wait until later this week.

1) Phantom of the Opera (2004 Film) Review

I’m planning on saying more than just “Phantom of the Opera rocks!” (even if it will suffice :) ). The Phantom is an interesting character, and I have some things to say about him.

2) Jon Carpenter’s Vampire Review

James Woods and a priest walk into a bar. The priest says “ow” and James Woods says “Die motherf***** die!”

3) Blood of Ghastly Horror Review

Just kidding. I’m not doing one for this movie. Mainly because I have no clue what happened in the 90 minutes that passed. It had a wonderful 15 minute chase scene through the snow that ended up being a flashback that ended up not having anything to do with anything before everyone died(???) and the movie ended. That’s about all I need to say here.

4) The Grudge Review

One disturbingly freaky movie that wonderfully breaks all the unwritten laws of horror movies. Suffice to say I’m never going to look at an elevator the same way again.

5) Twilight Book Review

That’s right. I finished Twilight. A movie review will come later after I watch it. I don’t want to give much away here, but suffice to say there were parts I really liked, and parts I really didn’t like.

I also watched The Shining for the first time over the weekend, but part of me wants to read the book first.

No comments:

"Act in the light of experience as guided by intelligence."